Dining Skit
Margrit (关蓁蓁): customer
Allen(杨智荣): waiter
Faith (凯嘉卉): customer


Faith (凯嘉卉)and Margrit (关蓁蓁)go to the Lucky Panda. Allen(杨智荣), the waiter at the Lucky Panda also goes to their school, and has a break in his [[#|schedule]] so after he serves them he sits down with them for a little. They haven’t seen each other all summer since they were so busy. They compare their school schedules, talk about their summers, and discuss plans for shopping for new school clothes. After that Faith has to rush home to finish her English summer work that she didn’t realize was due the next day.

Margrit: Hello! Long time no See!
关蓁蓁: 你好!好久不见!

Faith: Hello, hello! I’m so happy to see you!!
凯嘉卉: 你好,你好!我很高兴‍看你!

Margrit: How are you?
关蓁蓁: 你好吗?

Faith: I’m pretty good! And you?
凯嘉卉: 我很好,你呢?

Margrit: I am sad that summer is almost over but I am excited to see friends at school!
关蓁蓁: 我很伤心,夏天差不多结束了,但是我 兴奋在学校看到朋友。

Faith: I feel the same way
凯嘉卉: 我也是这样觉得的。

Allen: Hello Margrit and Faith! Welcome to the Lucky Panda ! Would you like anything to drink?
杨智荣: 你好关蓁蓁和凯嘉卉!欢迎‍光临‍ (guāng lín)来到幸运熊猫! 你们要喝点什么?

Margrit: Please give me a glass of water.
关蓁蓁: 我很渴,请给我一杯水。

Faith: I would also like a glass of water. Thanks
凯嘉卉: 我也要一杯水。谢谢!

Allen : anything else. Do you have any [[#|questions]]?
杨智荣: 你除了要水以外,还别的吗?

Faith: Actually I became vegan this summer so I was wondering if you had any vegan options on your menu?
凯嘉卉: 其实我这个夏天刚成为素食。你有没有只有素‍菜的餐?

Allen: Yes, actually everything on the menu can be made vegan. You can substitute any meat for vegetables or tofu.
杨智荣:有,菜单上的菜都可以做成素餐,你只要把肉放成菜或者豆腐。

Faith: Awesome! Thank you
凯嘉卉: 太好了!谢谢!

Allen: I will be right back to take your order.
杨智荣:我马上就回来。

Faith & Margrit: Thank You!
凯嘉卉和关蓁蓁:谢谢!

Margrit: How was your summer vacation?
关蓁蓁: 你暑假过得怎么样?

Faith: I went to the Dominican Republic and a few camps this summer. So it was pretty busy but fun!
凯嘉卉:这‍个‍夏天 我去‍了多明尼加共和国(Duō míng ní jiā gònghéguó)一些夏令营。‍天气的多明尼加共和国又闷又热所以很不舒服!很忙,但很好玩儿

Margrit: cool! My summer was really good but it was also busy.
关蓁蓁: 太好了!我的暑假好是好,可是‍也‍很忙。

Faith: Margrit, what would you like to eat?
凯嘉卉: 你要吃点什么?

Margrit: I would like the steamed fish and rice
蓁蓁:我要喜欢吃清蒸鱼跟米饭。

Allen: What would you like to order? And i get on break soon so after I bring your food we can all hangout.
杨智荣: 你们 要吃点什么?我很快就有休息了,等我把你们的菜送上了。

Faith: Okay! We will have the vegetable [[#|dumplings]], stir fried noodles with tofu, and fish with steamed rice。 Allen, we're both really hungry, could you please bring the food as soon as possible?
凯嘉卉:好,我们要一碗素饺子,煸炒面更豆腐和鱼更米饭。杨智荣,问们都饿了, 请上菜快一点儿。



Margrit:Are our dishes ready?
关蓁蓁:我们的菜好了吗?

Allen: They will be ready soon.
杨智荣:你们的餐很快就好

*A few moments later*
*Allen brings out the food *
*Margrit looks at it suspiciously as he brings it over*

Margrit: Excuse me Allen I wanted the steamed fish and you brought beef!!
关蓁蓁: 请问,杨智荣 我要鱼更米饭。你给了牛肉!!

Allen: I am so sorry! I will talk to the head chef!
杨智荣: 对不起!我会去跟厨师说他做错了(chúshīzhǎng)。

Margrit: What a mess
关蓁蓁: 怎么糟糕。

Faith: The dumplings are not only good looking, they are also good tasting!
凯嘉卉:一盘饺子不但好看而且好吃!

Allen: The chef apologizes for his mistake, and you will not have to pay for it anymore.
杨智荣:对不起,厨师做错了。你们不需要付钱了。

Margrit: Its ok. Thank you for your help.

关蓁蓁: 好啊,谢谢你的帮忙。

*Allen gets off of work and sits down with the girls*


Margrit: So what electives are you guys taking this year?
关蓁蓁: 你们今年选了哪些课?

Faith: I am taking Chinese III, Psychology, and Advanced Ceramics.
凯嘉卉:我上中文三,心理(Lǐ),和先进陶瓷(Táocí)

Allen: I have Chinese 3
杨智荣:我上汉语三。

Margrit: I have Chinese 3 and engineering
关蓁蓁: 我上中文二和工程。

Faith: Awesome! We will all have the same class. I'm excited because I feel like LuoLaoShi is not only interesting but also funny.
凯嘉卉: 太好了!我很兴奋 (fèn) ,因为我觉得罗老师不但很有意思而且很滑稽(Huájī).

Allen: We should all go shopping for new school clothes together
杨智荣:我们一起去买新衣服好不好?

Faith: Shopping for new clothes together sounds really fun! Are you all [[#|free]] tomorrow?
凯嘉卉:一起买东西好玩儿。明天你们忙不忙?

Allen: Tommorrow? I would have to ask my parents because I have to do chores tomorrow.
杨智荣: 明天?我会问我的父母(fùmǔ)因为明天我有苦差(kǔchāi)。

Margrit: I might be able to but I have to finish my English essay first. It is due tomorrow night.
关蓁蓁: 我可能能够,但是先我得完我的英语作文。明天晚上要交

Faith: Shoot! We have English homework due tomorrow?
凯嘉卉: 糟糕! 我们有暑假作业(zuòyè) 明天?

Allen: Yea, we had to read a book and write an entry on each chapter.
杨智荣:有,我们需要读一本书还有要写一文章。

Faith: I have to go [[#|home]] and work on it! Goodbye friends!
凯嘉卉:我得回家看书。再见朋友!